Sunday 15 February 2015

Saint Valentin


I've never really liked Valentine's day.  The day everyone felt slightly sorry for you because you didn't get any cards or bouquets delivered to work (even after you were married because you'd forbidden your husband to waste money on flowers that cost soooo much more than any other time of the year!). Too much pressure to be romantic on one day. What about the rest of the year?


Having said all that, yesterday I did prepare a little something for the four men in my life...



This was (most of it has gone already) based on a Paul Hollywood recipe for a Couronne with mincemeat and marzipan that I'd made at Christmas.  My boys loved it and have been begging me to make another one ever since.  I just made it more heart shaped, coloured the icing red and used almonds in stead of pistachios. 


Mincemeat and marzipan couronne ('crown')




My Granny always said the way to a man's heart was through his stomach and it is certainly true with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment