Friday 6 February 2015

The Great British Sewing Bee


 The Great British Sewing Bee

So last night was the first episode of Season 3 of the Great British Sewing Bee.   This is the one programme that I will not miss, the one that I tell my three boys  they are not allowed to talk through, the one that I make them miss the end of Top Gear so that I can watch it from the very start.

Thankfully I live in France otherwise I'm sure my friends and family would have entered me by now.   And I really don't think I could do it.   Yes, I could make the clothes but not in the time frame and not with Patrick looking over my shoulder. 


Great British Sewing Bee contestants


It's really nice to see so many men in this years competition and I think you can tell that they have been sewing for some time.   I loved the pink cotton trousers Neil made - beautifully finished.  Whilst I wasn't quite so keen on the shape of his summer dress (those cutout bits!!), it was obviously very well made and a great fit.  He's one to watch.

 Lorna's dress looked lovely on her model but I really liked the shape and style of Deborah's  - I might have to copy this for this summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment